How to configure MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) for AWS IAM User
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Install Virtual MFA application on your mobile device, as instructed:
- Login to the AWS console:
- From the left pane, click on Users
- In the User Name list, select the target user
- Choose the Security credentials tab -> click Next to Assigned MFA device, choose Manage
- In the Manage MFA Device wizard, choose Virtual MFA device, and then choose Continue
- IAM generates and displays configuration information for the virtual MFA device, including a QR code graphic.
- From the mobile device, open the virtual MFA application
- If the virtual MFA app supports multiple virtual MFA devices or accounts, choose the option to create a new virtual MFA device or account
- In the Manage MFA Device wizard, in the MFA code 1 box, type the one-time password that currently appears in the virtual MFA device.
- Wait up to 30 seconds for the device to generate a new one-time password. Then type the second one-time password into the MFA code 2 box. Choose Assign MFA