How to create a GCP firewall rule
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Creating a firewall rule
- Login to the Firewall rules page:
- Click on "Create Firewall Rule"
- Name: Specify here a name for the new firewall rule (in lowercase)
- Network: Select the relevant Google Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Network
- Priority: Specify the Priority of the rule
- Note: The lower the number, the higher the priority
- Direction of traffic: Choose either ingress (inbound traffic) or egress (outbound traffic)
- Action on match: Choose either allow or deny
- Targets: Select "All instances in the network" (destination of the specific firewall rule)
- For more information, see: https://cloud.google.com/vpc/docs/firewalls#rule_assignment
- Source filter: Select "IP ranges"
- Source IP ranges: Specify the organization public IP subnet range or specify public IP CIDR
- For more information, see: https://cloud.google.com/vpc/docs/firewalls
- Protocols and ports: Specify the relevant destination port (for example: tcp:22)
- For more information, see: https://cloud.google.com/vpc/docs/firewalls#protocols_and_ports
- Click on "Create"
- Logoff the Google Cloud Platform management console