PRACE and VI-SEEM Spring School
The PRACE 2017 Spring School will be a joint training event with the VI-SEEM project and will be organised by CaSToRC at The Cyprus Institute.
The school will be a 3-day event starting Tuesday 25 April and ending Thursday 27 April 2017.
The Seasonal School will provide insights into topics of high interest to people of the PRACE, VI-SEEM and European communities and will have two parallel sessions - a Developer Track and a System Administration Track.
The Developer Track includes (among others) the following topics:
- Introduction to Parallel and Scalable Machine Learning: Basics and Parallelization Benefits
- Introduction to Deep Learning with Convolutional Neural Networks & Applications
- Accelerator Programming: GPU and Xeon Phi
- Data Visualisation: Information visualization, visual analytics, VisIt
Speakers from the EUDAT, OpenSESAME and VI-SEEM projects will also present these project and relevant case studies.
For more details on the Developer Track please visit the link below: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/601/program#developerTrack
The System Administration Track includes (among others) the following topics:
- System Administration Tools: Easybuild and other tools
- Security Aspects of HPC Centers
- PRACE Network and Monitoring Issues* System Monitoring
- Cloud Services - OpenStack
- OpenStack and HPC, the crossroads of scientific research
- How to build your first OpenStack Cloud
- Considerations for maximising the performance of OpenStack
- RDMA enabled fabrics in an OpenStack environment
- IOPS in the cloud – impossible! Or is it?
- Case studies from HPC centres using OpenStack for HPC workloads.
For more details on the System Administration Track please visit the link below: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/601/program#systemAdministrationTrack
A Keynote Address will also be given by the Winner of the 1st PRACE Ada Lovelace Award for HPC – Dr Zoe Cournia.
- Seasonal School Homepage
- Scientific Programme
- Event Timetable