MOAB Quick Start Guide
MOAB is a cluster with 64 compute nodes based on Intel Harpertown processor and interconnected with Infiniband network. Has a peak performance of 3.6 TFlops. Nodes have 8 cores, 64 GB memory and 1 TB of local disk storage.
Connecting to the system
- To access MOAB cluster, a SSH client (Secure Shell) must be used.
- For security reasons, access to our computing servers is restricted to Israeli university researchers only.
- Remote access will be set per PRACE application approval.
- Accessible through SSH protocol at hostname moab.iucc.ac.il. moab.iucc.ac.il is a prep area, where users may edit, compile, perform file management, and submit batch jobs.
- Job submission using python
- will be updated soon...
- Job submission using slurm
- Write a text file (job bash script) containing submission options and the list of commands to be executed (run.sh)
- Submit the job with the ``sbatch run.sh`` command
- Check job status with ``squeue -u $USER`` command
Applications use is configured through the “module” command:
- Available applications:
- Brief application user guide:
module help <application>/<version>
- For building applications using EasyBuild:
module load EasyBuild/3.4.1
- Follow instructions on EasyBuild CLI documentation
Storage and directories
- Each user has a local scratch disk on the node to work with.