Google Earth Engine en
Introduction to Google Earth Engine (GEE) and Remote Sensing and Climate Applications
GEE is a free cloud platform that includes data from satellites and many models that enables fast and efficient viewing and processing of large data sets.
The raw data and processed results can be downloaded to be worked on with other tools as well.
The workshop is especially relevant for researchers and graduate students who wish to work with remote sensing data and have experience in any programming language.
Date and location
The workshop will take place on Sunday, June 4, 2017
Dahan Building (505)
- 09:30 - 10:00 Welcome
- 10:00 - 10:15 Opening Session, Zivan Yoash
- 10:15 - 11:00 Remote sensing in a Nutshell, Itamar Lansky
- 11:00 - 11:30 Presentation: Articles on Projects Using GEE and Sample Code, Shilo Schiff
- 11:30 - 11:45 Coffee Break
- 13:15 - 14:00 Lunch Break
- 14:00 - 15:15 The dynamics of woody vegetation in Israel, Roni Drori
- 15:15 - 15:45 Coffee Break
- 15:45 - 17:45 GEE Advanced Examples (as per according audience interests) Roni Drori
- 17:45 - 18:00 Coffee Break
- 18:00 - 18:30 GEE Example in Python Yaron Michael
Participation in the workshop is free of charge but registration is required. Number of spaces is limited